Hyde Park Town Clerk
Elected Town Clerk: Kimberly J. Moulton, Term Expires March 2022, Kim@hydeparkvt.com
Appointed Assistant Town Clerk: Kristan Langlois, Kristan@hydeparkvt.com
Phone: (802)888-2300, option 1 or Fax: (802)888-6878
Mailing Address: P.O.Box 98 Hyde Park, VT 05655
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Governor’s “Stay Home/Stay Safe” Executive Order and continuing State of Emergency, the Town Clerk’s office is closed to the public to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. We will evaluate reopening when the Governor’s Executive order is suspended and the State of Emergency is lifted.
We are in the office during the normal business hours and are checking and responding to our voicemails and emails daily.
Visits to the office are by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Walk-in’s without appointments will not be admitted. Please contact us for an appointment. Masks must be worn, you need to provide your own masks. When researching the land records, gloves must be worn and we will provide the gloves. You will be asked to take your temperature and log it on a visitor form that will be required to be completed for contact tracing, if needed.
All research areas and all equipment are sanitized prior to and after each appointment. We have plenty of hand sanitizer and encourage its use often.
The office is located at 344 Route 15 West, Hyde Park, Vermont; just westerly of the roundabout in Hyde Park.
The Town Clerk’s Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. We are closed the Monday before every election. Our office is closed on all election days. Summer hours start the first Monday in June and go through the end of August – exact date TBD annually due to the August 31 tax due date.
There is a night deposit box available near the front door of the building. Handicap access is located on both levels of the building.
Visit the Town Clerk’s office for the following:
- Recording documents and/or search recorded documents (New Recording & Examination of Records Fees Effective July 1, 2019)
- VIEW LAND RECORDS AND RECORDED SURVEYS ONLINE – Link Here (Sign in as “Guest”)
- Dog License – New Dog Registration By Mail Form (available the first business day of January and due April 1st each year, please provide a copy of most recent rabies vaccination)
- Hunting and Fishing Licenses (Also available online)
- Voter Registration / Absentee Ballots (Also available online)
- Grand List search
- Vital Records on marriages, civil unions, deaths, births
- Certified Copies of Vital Records Application for Certified Copy of Birth or Death Record Eff: July 1, 2019
- Motor Vehicle Renewals (Also available online)
- Green Mountain Passports – Application
- Notary Service: Please bring valid photo ID. If you need witnesses, you must provide your own witnesses.
- Photocopy and faxing (for a fee)
Permits to Kindle (formerly burn permits) are no longer issued at the Town Clerk’s Office. Please contact the Forest Fire Warden, Ryan Nolan, at (802)279-6955, Monday through Friday, 4PM-8PM
ELECTIONS INFORMATION HERE – link to Vermont Secretary of State website – Elections
You will find forms and information on the following: registering to vote, voting in Vermont, Absentee voting, accessibility for disabled voters, election laws and candidate information.
VOTER INFORMATION HERE – link to VT Secretary of State – Voter Registration
From this website, you can register to vote and request absentee ballots.
VT Secretary of State: A Guide to Open Meetings – Revised June 2014
Hyde Park Justice of the Peace Contacts
Information on getting married in Vermont
Information and application for temporary officiants in Vermont
Vermont Civil Marriage Application 2019
Application for Certified Copy of Birth or Death Record
State of Vermont Vital Records Public Search Index
State of Vermont Vital Records Online Ordering Service
Hyde Park Service Agency Request (for town meeting funding requests) Policy