Hyde Park Town Clerk
Elected Town Clerk: Kimberly J. Moulton, Term Expires March 2022, Kim@hydeparkvt.com
Appointed Assistant Town Clerk: Krista Jones, Appointed, Krista@hydeparkvt.com
Phone: (802)888-2300, option 1 or Fax: (802)888-6878
Mailing Address: P.O.Box 98 Hyde Park, VT 05655
Effective June 14, 2021, Governor Scott lifted all COVID restrictions and will not renew the State of Emergency that was put in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Starting June 16, 2021, the Hyde Park Town Clerk’s Office will be OPEN!
Although the lobby is OPEN, we are still requiring appointments for vault research until further notice as space is limited. We have two research computers so can accommodate two appointments at a time. Please continue to call for appointments for vault research.
We are requiring masks for ALL visitors at this time.
Thank you for your patience during the health crisis and the challenge it represented for everyone in our community.
The office is located at 344 Route 15 West, Hyde Park, Vermont; just westerly of the roundabout in Hyde Park.
The Town Clerk’s Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. We are closed the Monday before every election. Our office is closed on all election days. Summer hours are 7:30am to 4:00pm Monday through Thursday and 8:00am to 1:00pm on Friday’s starting the first Monday in June and go through the end of August – exact date TBD annually due to the August 31 tax due date.
There is a night deposit box available at the base of the ramp that leads to main entrance of the building. Handicap access is located on both levels of the building.
Visit the Town Clerk’s office for the following:
- Recording documents and/or search recorded documents (New Recording & Examination of Records Fees Effective July 1, 2019) (pdf)
- VIEW LAND RECORDS AND RECORDED SURVEYS ONLINE – Available services on Town Fusion Website (Sign in as “Guest”)
- Dog License – New Dog Registration By Mail Form (pdf) (available the first business day of January and due April 1st each year, please provide a copy of most recent rabies vaccination)
- Animal Control Information
- Hunting and Fishing Licenses Application
- Voter Registration / Absentee Ballots – available online
- Grand List search (Assessor/Lister Page)
- Vital Records on marriages, civil unions, deaths, births
- Certified Copies of Vital Records Application for Certified Copy of Birth or Death Record Eff: July 1, 2021 (pdf)
- Motor Vehicle Renewals (Also available online)
- Green Mountain Passports – Application (pdf)
- Notary Service: Please bring valid photo ID. If you need witnesses, you must provide your own witnesses.
- Photocopy and faxing (for a fee)
Permits to Kindle (formerly burn permits) are no longer issued at the Town Clerk’s Office. Please contact the Forest Fire Warden, Ryan Nolan, at (802)279-6955, Monday through Friday, 4PM-8PM
Vermont Secretary of State website – Elections
You will find forms and information on the following: registering to vote, voting in Vermont, Absentee voting, accessibility for disabled voters, election laws, information for petitions and candidate information. Link to – Statewide Election Night Information here
VT Secretary of State – Voter Registration From this website, you can register to vote and request absentee ballots. Already registered to vote? Verify and update your voter data or request an absentee ballot here – link to MyVoter Portal
Links and PDFs
VT Secretary of State: A Guide to Open Meetings – Revised June 2019
Hyde Park Justice of the Peace Contacts (pdf)
Information on getting married in Vermont (pdf)
Information and application for temporary officiants in Vermont
Vermont Civil Marriage Application 2019
Application for Certified Copy of Birth or Death Record
State of Vermont Vital Records Public Search Index
State of Vermont Vital Records Online Ordering Service
Hyde Park Service Agency Request (for town meeting funding requests) Policy (pdf)